My photo
Hello to all. I haven't recorded my day to day musings since I was about 12. My sister read my diary, and I have never used one since. I suppose now is a good a time as any to begin again, but without the paper. After all, there are lots of things I think about these days.

Thursday 5 February 2009


Well, Morgan's rugby team have finally clicked, and are playing like they know what they are doing....mostly.

Morgan and Bailey are a year older than the others....long story....so it is expected that they are a little better, but even so, Morgan simply storms through defences like a bowling ball through crystal glasses.

Once he gets the ball that's pretty much it...he is off. One lad last week apparently yelled at Morgan that he was going to kill him! Well, it can't be easy having him wipe the floor with you no matter how hard you try to bring him down.

So we hope Morgan decides to stick at it after a tough 6 months of uncertainty. The club's internal turmoil spread through to the youth teams, and we lost all of the under 10's except for Morgan and Bailey. Their loyalty has meant them having to play in the under 9's team instead. Either that or go elsewhere, and neither wanted to do that.

It was not an easy transition, with both boys noticing the difference in the less experienced team. The kids also seemed to take it less seriously, and fooled around too much for their liking. They wanted to play rugby.

But Baileys mum, Jennie, and I, kept supporting them, and after tears and tantrums, they are both happy to train, and even happier to play.

1 comment:

Ade said...

Excellent that he is settling in. Any transition at that age is not easy Hopefully a new team - age appropriate - can soon be built around them.