My photo
Hello to all. I haven't recorded my day to day musings since I was about 12. My sister read my diary, and I have never used one since. I suppose now is a good a time as any to begin again, but without the paper. After all, there are lots of things I think about these days.

Friday 6 February 2009

Well, I suppose I ought to talk about Reggie for a bit.

He is 6 months old now, and just delights us more each day. He has such a strong personality, with adorable little traits I have never seen in a cat before.

One of the cutest things he does, is to climb right up onto my chest, under my chin, snuggling and purring loudly, when he wants a cuddle. He has always done it, and when he was tiny it was easy for him...but now he is too big really...but he tries anyway! It's very funny! I also get my chin nibbled when he is feeling particularly affectionate.

Reggie doesn't only meow, as one would expect, either. He makes lots of other little sounds as he goes about his business. He makes noises as he jumps on and off things, and when he is running up the stairs, and also as he tears around the house being daft.

The cat flap has given us much entertainment. I showed him how to use it, and coaxed him in and out with bits of ham. It took him about 5 minutes to figure it out, and once he did that was it! He went nuts with excitement! For about two hours he flew in, ran up to me, meowed at me loudly while hopping in circles before flying out again! Sometimes he would be out for ten seconds before coming in again, and other times he would be gone for twenty minutes!

Yesterday he flew in so fast he skidded across the floor and hit the cupboards on the other side of the kitchen!

I could wax lyrical about him for ages, but I think you get the idea. Poor Snoop tolerates Reggie well, which is amazing considering how much he attacks him to try and get him to play.

Reggie made his first kill the other day. Well, I say kill....he treated it as if it was....pouncing on it, tossing it up in the air etc. It turned out to be a ball of muddy moss rather than a small rodent. Needless to say I was so amused with his antics I didn't worry about the mud all over the floor!



No comments: