My photo
Hello to all. I haven't recorded my day to day musings since I was about 12. My sister read my diary, and I have never used one since. I suppose now is a good a time as any to begin again, but without the paper. After all, there are lots of things I think about these days.

Friday 6 February 2009

Lasagne


My lasagne has been a huge hit with Neil and the kids. Well, not Taylor...he hates cheese.

I happened to mention this to Jennie, and she told me that she and the boys love lasagne, so an invitation was natural!

Today I cooked two large dishes of the meal, and Jennie supplied the salad. The only problem was the pasta. I used a different kind today, and it took longer to cook, so the whole dish took half an hour longer than usual. The food was still lovely, although less moist. Tom enjoyed it....he had two helpings!

Then Jennie set up the chocolate fountain. Oh my word! Once melted the chocolate flowed and we coated marshmallows, strawberries, and white grapes. Pure indulgence, and a lovely treat, although now I have drops of solid chocolate scattered around the kitchen floor!!

Oh, and half way through the evening, Reggie came flying through the cat flap trailing water behind him. He had fallen in the pond! He looked like a drowned rat, and was shivering. I scooped him up in a large towel and warmed him up. Poor little thing must have had such a shock, and I hope he now knows he cannot walk across the ice!

No comments: